Monday, October 25, 2010

Well....

Today is Thursday....day 5 of my running.  I had the urge to lay around and sleep in this morning, however that didn't stop me from at least running 20 minutes today.  I managed to get in almost 2 miles in that time.  I'm finding myself able to run for longer periods of time and walking a little less.

My knee is still in pain...ending up swollen at the end of the day both today and Tuesday.  It's frustrating that I'm experiencing pain so early in my training, but I'm learning new techniques on how to avoid injuries.

As I mentioned before that I was going to be purchasing some near gear....well I did that.  Still waiting for my arm band...I'm very annoyed it isn't here yet!  I bought a Nike winter thermal top and some running tights.  They are not thermal, but they have the ability to absorb the sweat and keep me warm in the cold weather.  I also managed to get a great deal on a new pair of Mizunos....the same brand of sneaker I am currently running in...just a new style.  I'm hoping they are as comfortable as the ones I own now.  I ordered them online...so here's hoping for the best!!

Started a new yoga class last night.  It was amazing!!  I was looking for a way to get some great stretching for my days off from running.  Found a yoga place that was right around the corner from work...which is convenient.

Until the next blog....

No comments:

Post a Comment