Saturday, October 16, 2010

No pain...no gain!!

Well...as you all may see..I missed my Thursday run!  Ooops!  Guess I was forced to deal with the consequences today!  No true explanation for my missing my Thursday, other than just the fact that it was a bad day!  No more bad days allowed!  Next week will be a full week of following training to it's extent!  NO EXCUSES! 

I was slated to do my 3 mile run today....which I did!  Hooray for me!  It was a struggle here and there, but I pushed and did it!  I am finding that it is hard for me to run locally here in Sunnyside.  There is too much traffic, both cars on the road and people on the sidewalk.  Now to find a place for me to run that's safe and has some sort of regulated distance (as I keep thinking I'm running further than I really am).  Here is one instance I wish I lived in the suburbs!!

I used an app on my phone that uses GPS to track my every step.  Kindof creepy that "big brother" is watching...but at least someone is!  It claims I ran 3.03 miles.  I'll link the map of my crazy, "no idea where to run to", run here on my blog.  Maybe someone can give me some ideas of where to go...without going all the way into Central Park just to go run a few miles!

Great music selection today...Justin Timberlake on my Pandora station!  Great mix, perfect for running!! New headphones FTW (for those who don't know what that means...mom....it means For The Win).  Ordered some new headphones that were more appropriate for my little ears....that didn't hurt or fall out while I was running!  They were awesome!!  Put them on under a headband that protected my ears from getting cold...great success!!  Now I'm just waiting for my new armband to strap my Iphone to my arm while running...and I'll be all set!

The weather today was a bit windy and it's definitely fall!!  Weather man says it was 59 degrees out with gusts of wind upwards of 30 mph!  That's faster than I was running!  Not fun running against the gusts...that's when I turned to a fast walk for those moments.  Wore my GapAthletic fitted capri pants, a thermal shirt, and a windbreaker today.  I know it's only going to be getting colder...so today I'll be ordering some cold weather gear like thermal pants, warmer socks, headbands/ear muffs, and warmer tops.  This whole training through the winter thing is going to be tough!!  Also looking into some new sneakers that are a little more winter friendly....for running in the snow!

 New goal for the next few weeks is to progressively begin waking up earlier to run!  The 1/2 marathon is at 6am!  I can't just get up and run that...so there will need to be some work done on that department!

Plans for the next few days include treating myself to brunch tomorrow am with a good friend (Lauren), looking for a yoga class for the other 2-3 off running days, and preparing for my Mikey to come on Thursday night.  He'll have to deal with me being gone for about an hour on Saturday while I do my run before we start our day...unless I take advantage of visiting his/my family on Saturday and go running in the SUBURBS!!!  We'll see!!  And perhaps today...REGISTERING FOR THE RACE!!! 

Until Tuesday..........

No comments:

Post a Comment