Saturday, October 16, 2010

Exciting NEWS!!

Well, I just registered for the race!!!!  Running in a 2 person team with my good friend Marielle!

While registering we were asked to provide our FAVORITE Disney Princess!  Such a difficult thing to choose from...so I went with Ariel since The Little Mermaid holds a special place in my heart.  It just so happens to be the very first movie I saw in movie theaters in 1987...when I was 5!!!!  That was also the year that Mikey was born!!  So I picked her!!  Marielle was torn between 2 princesses as well....Cinderella and Belle.  She chose Cinderella.

We were then asked to give our team name!  That wasn't an easy task!  So the conversation with Marielle went like this, "Spicy Girls" (because of our middle school history with the spice girls), "Big city princesses", she said to maybe do a play on Snow White and the big apple....so I responded with "Snow Whites Big Apples".  Thinking it may be a little too inappropriate I started listing things relating to our princesses.  "Part of your once upon a dreamers", "Once upon a dreamers", then Marielle said "The slippery fins"  I laughed thinking it could have gone the wrong way....then she said "Glass Slippers and Mermaid Fins".  The 2 things our princesses use to get around!  SO then was born our very creative team name!  Team Slippers and Fins!!

Filled out our information...and ended up doing a nice thing as well!!  We each donated money towards the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Potentially putting in a quick run on Monday night with Marielle...along with I guess some Monday night football (don't know who's playing, but it should be fun).

No comments:

Post a Comment