Thursday, September 22, 2011

155 days....0 hours....48 minutes and counting

Laziness is all I can blame my lack of blogging and running on. It's a shame, cause I could be going so far!

My hip is still going thru spurts of pain....like right now...at this very moment. I'm laying down, no weight on it, and it still hurts! I can walk on it, and as a matter of fact- can run on it....so why the pain still? Some kind of medical thing that will just have to wait until after I get health insurance.

So I made it to the gym both tonight and last week. Last week I didn't run. I was still in too much pain with my hip, but I still managed to do Antigravity. This week, I hit the treadmill for 15 minutes...completing just over a mile. I made my 11 minute mile. Now to keep that up for more than just a mile. I know that it will get better and better, it's just I have to make the time. Again, I claim LAZINESS!!

I'm aiming to get my pace more along the lines of a 10 minute mile, for 13.1 miles. That will mean finishing in 2 hours 30 minutes and a few seconds. Last year my pace was 2 hours 37 minutes and 12 seconds. It was an average pace of about 11 minutes 59 seconds and 51 seconds. That's a little too close to a 12 minute mile for me! Time to pick up the overall average pace!

I know it is possible to get myself to the pace that I want. When looking back at my tracker for each marker (5k, 10K and finish) they gave the average pace for each segment. The 5k average was 10:38:88, completing the 5k in 33:05. The 10k was a little slower, but it's a gradual average pace. Finished the 10K in 1:08:31, which was an average pace of 11:01:57. That would be like what I ran today. I could do that...I think. That's a reasonable pace. Will that get me done in 2 and a half hours?? Would just need to keep up with that pace for the rest of the race...not jump to nearly 12 minutes per mile.

There will be no stopping for pictures this year until I cross that finish line!! Only stopping to pee if necessary. There's just somethings I need to focus on...one of them being GET MY BUTT IN GEAR!!

Hoping my hip feels better....wanting a run this weekend.

Looking into a new training program from Jeff Galloway...it's a time improvement training schedule that goes for 23 weeks....I have time....but I need to get JUST DO IT!!!

Hopefully sooner than later....

2 comments:

  1. I know you can do it!!! I can't wait to follow this whole training process and wait to hear your time results on the day of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stop blaming it on laziness. Stop being hard on yourself. If you do things that don't inflame the hip, you will be successful.

    ReplyDelete