Friday, September 2, 2011

174 days, 9 hours, 52 minutes and counting.....

Well, here I am, once again....

It's official, I'm back and ready to commit to my blogging my adventures preparing for the Disney Princess Half Marathon in February 2012.

I'll start from the beginning. Last year 2010 I decided that I wanted to participate in a Disney race, so I decided that the Princess one would be fitting. I trained in Sunnyside, NY, from October until February 2011. I had a running partner, Marielle, who lived in my neighborhood. It was great to run with her and finish together! Our finish time was 2 hours 37 minutes 10 seconds. I'd like to get this year under 2 and a half hours. It's a hefty goal, but I'm willing to work hard to get there!

This year, I'm looking forward to changing it up a bit. I registered as an individual this year, and am looking into joining a running team. I've found 1, from the podcast I'm a big follower of, WDW Radio. Looking forward to some of the fun support that comes along with running with a team. People you have never met before, cheering for you! It's such a fun feeling! I have an AMAZING support crew behind me already, but I'm looking to build my numbers! They also are linked to a good cause...they run to make money for the Make a Wish Foundation. More details on that to follow in upcoming blog posts.

I've not done any training or much running since the last race. It's going to make it a challenge to get back into my training once again. I've got the gym membership and the new sneakers, not to mention, I'll be an official certified group exercise instructor by Sept 11, 2011. Looking forward to getting back to the city and routine, from working out east in the Hamptons for the summer. It messes with my schedule too much and doesn't leave me any opportunity to have time to myself (except for right at this moment, as soon as I know it, they will all be home from the beach and dinner prep will commence). I know it's no excuse....however, any opportunity I get to be lazy, I take it! It's TIME TO GET MY LAZY BUTT INTO GEAR!

So with that being said, I have taken the necessary steps to get said butt into action. I have already registered for the 2012 race, and purchased my sneakers (same sneaker as before just the upgraded version) the Mizuno Wave Creation 12. I've started the blog back up....so now I better get to training!!!

Back in the city tomorrow....maybe a run on Sunday. It will probably be a small one, but it's a start......

Until next time..........

1 comment:

  1. Yayyyy! The blog is up an runnin'! :) And so are you! I can't wait to follow your training. Wishing I lived nearby to run with you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete