Thursday, September 8, 2011

169 days...1 hour....31 minutes and counting.....

I actually made it to the gym tonight. I wasn't quite sure what time I'd get out of work tonight, but managed to get out of there at a reasonable time.

Took the bus across the park and made it to the gym at about 7:10....headed straight to the treadmills. I had intentions of doing a 30 minute run, but being that I like a specific location in the classroom for Antigravity, I ended up up cutting it short. I ran for a total of 12 minutes and 52 seconds. That got me 1.07 miles from the starting point (on the treadmill, mind you). Doesn't sound like much, but I ran the whole time at a nice slow pace (a 5 on the machine). Walked for about .07...hhaha. Wore my old sneakers (the ones I wore the last race)....it was gross out, so I kept my new ones safe from the elements for now. They will need to be exposed one of these days...just not yet!!

So I started out on one of my favorite treadmills, while some girl gave me looks cause I was trying to organize where my dumb rain coat would go....didn't want to put it on the floor, so I tried hanging it, folding it, etc....it ended up on the floor. There is a huge locker room to hang things like coat and lock things up, but I like to keep my stuff with me when it is minimal...once it's winter, I suppose I'll bring the lock again. The girl continued giving me looks as I watched a funny lady in the mirror behind me. She was pumping her arms up and down vigorously...she looked so silly. Not sure what kind of move she was doing, but it worked for her I guess. That crazy lady then came and started speed walking with the same arm movement, right behind me. Nothing I hate more than someone making funny arm movements behind me. I couldn't help but laugh at her. Went downstairs at 8:00 and got in my spot, ready to go for Antigravity.

I can definitely say I'm out of shape from where I was at the beginning of summer. My body is sore now...better stretch it out so I can get back to my running. Just rolled on my roller, felt gooooooood.

The rain was horrendous yet again today. In one way I'm glad we're getting the rain, but on the other, I'm just plain over it! It can rain all it wants over the weekend...I'll be home all day Saturday and Sunday I'll be taking my AFAA certification.

Hoping that the certification will review the study guide thoroughly. I haven't really reviewed as much as I'd like to this week. Since I'm home, I've really not been able to focus on it. I'll make time to study Saturday....cramming at it's finest ;-)

Off to go have a few Starburst...brush my teeth....then head to bed!!

Until next time........

No comments:

Post a Comment