Sunday, October 23, 2011

A day of cleaning.....

....and another weekend has escaped me! I'm just not sure how the weekends just keep getting away from me. I continue to be a bit lazy, however I spent the whole day today cleaning the house....from TOP TO BOTTOM! Plus not to mention I made a huge pot of Potato Leek soup with Cabbage, as well as chicken tacos with homemade guacamole. All healthy options for me to eat for the week...but still no run.

I signed up to meet with a trainer at the gym this past week. There was a sign up sheet for "yoga for runners" so I was all about it! I set up the sessions for this past Tuesday and Thursday. I'm happy to say that the methods that the trainer has been using, have caused my hip pain to completely go away! He's been doing Thai Yoga, which is a hands on approach, one on one, with stretching and deep tissue massage, followed by strengthening exercises. I'm finding it is working! I am going to continue with the training sessions once a week. I'm hoping that he can give me some good stretches to follow for the rest of the week.

I've also decided to stop with the Antigravity for a while. Like I said in my last post, I think it's adding to my hip pain.

On another note, I'm very excited that I'll be in WDW in 2 weeks! I'm just so excited to have this trip planned! It is a very necessary break from the routine. I know that once I am fully back in FL, we will continue to go as much, if not MORE, than the amount that we go now.

On to the next crazy week!

Race day in 123 days...2 hours....44 minutes...30 seconds and counting............

No comments:

Post a Comment