Saturday, November 6, 2010

Alright...

I have to admit, I lost motivation for a week there.  I got a little lazy and wasn't getting my ass out of bed to run!  I need to remember that I'm doing this for myself...no one else!  Laziness is only a crap ass excuse!  I did, however, continue with yoga for the week, so I wasn't completely useless!

I ran today...and did fabulous!  Still in my old sneaks as I am still breaking in my new ones.  I'm afraid of switching.  I know I need to eventually, just making sure my feet are totally happy with the new ones before completely doing the deed and switching over! 

I ran 3.15 miles in 33 minutes.  It was a good route, mostly downhill toward the Empire State Building.  I ran pretty much all the way into Long Island City.  Walked for a very small bit of it...considering I took off a week, I think it was a great success.  So far, my fastest run yet!

Ting Tings radio on Pandora today.  Good mix of Metric, Modest Mouse, etc.  I found this station a bit more fun to run to...I was pushing myself a little harder.  Still looking for fun music to run to...but this may be the funnest so far.

I'm in the middle of rolling while blogging.  I got a roller for my body, which is exactly like it sounds...a big rolling pin that I can roll out all the knots in my muscles.  It's like my very own personal deep tissue massage.  Love it!

Going to watch the NYC Marathon tomorrow (Sunday).  I went to the location of the finish line yesterday and took pictures.  It was inspiring!  Don't know if one day I'll be able to run a full marathon...but it will be awesome to cheer all those runners on!  26.2 miles seems crazy...but so does 13.1.  I'm determined!  I will do this!

110 days, 8 hours, 32 minutes, and counting until race day!  Back to my regular training schedule!  Maybe an extra run thrown in tomorrow.

We shall see~!!

No comments:

Post a Comment