Sunday, December 18, 2011

Has it really been this long??

Well, there are 67 days until the race....it's been 36 days since my last blog post...LACKING MOTIVATION!!! I'm not sure why, I just am. I know I need to get in gear and do some training...however I am lacking the ability to get out and hit the pavement. So many things have gone on since my last update...I'm a brunette, I'm no longer working with the trainer, I'm registered for the WDW Radio Running Team, Thanksgiving came and went so did my 29 and a half birthday, and now it's a week from Christmas! I've booked my move as well, which happens to be the week before the race...thinking I may go insane! I'm also only working out once a week, doing my aerial. It's great fun, still not running though.

Starting from the first thing, yes brunette's have more fun!  See!  Loving my brown hair...feels so good, however- I'm running as Rapunzel at the race, I need a long ponytail out of my hat or something....oh great, another project for me before the race!

I had to stop working with the personal trainer...things were getting a bit expensive. He helped my hip problems, significantly, I just couldn't afford it 2 times a week. I know that I should still be doing the workouts and stretches he gave me to do, but it seems I love my bed too much. Maybe there's a problem with me...I have a deep affection for my bed, and sleep. At least I know that my body is well rested.

I registered myself for the WDW Radio Running Team.  Let me start off by saying, I decided to join this running team to have a bit more motivation...I STILL DON'T HAVE ANY! I also joined because they run for the Make a Wish Foundation. They have done a significant amount of fundraising with their Dream Team that they formed. The only thing I needed to do was commit to raising $100....which I know is an easy amount to start at! I'd ideally like to raise a bit more, but that is all determined by the amounts that my friends and family are willing to give. I haven't asked them yet, perhaps now would be a good time?? I have provided the link, if you decide to donate, be sure to add my name beside it, and let me know that you did.
 http://friends.wish.org/100-100/page/Lou-Mongello/The-Dream-Team.htm


 The holidays...what can I say? I'm excited cause Mike will be arriving, and staying throughout the entire break! Maybe he will be able to get me to go out and run a little bit. It's going to be a very bittersweet Christmas this year, knowing that this will be my last in NYC, my last living alone, and knowing that at this time next year I'll be hosting the holidays at OUR house -wherever that may be.

 Things will be so crazy over the next 2 months. I'll be packing and painting and all around going nuts due to my move that is fast approaching! I have the movers actually coming 2 Thursdays before the race, dropping everything off the week OF the race! I don't have an exact date yet of the drop off, but I know it will be falling REALLY close! Mom and I discussed the logistics, and I've already begun the cleaning/organization process that I'm totally distracting away from at the moment to finish this blog post. I've been taking inventory of my things and purging as much as I find useful. It feels good to get it done now, so my mind can be clearer when moving date comes!

I've been trying to journal a little bit, writing down some thoughts on what to blog about....mostly running and training seems to be whats there now. I'm using a Disney Princess notebook with an Ariel pen that was given to be for my birthday!   I know I should be doing more than just writing about my running, it's a thing called PROCRASTINATION!  I need to just set some meaningful, small goals and stick to them.  Setting personal goals has been on my list already, in which I've only succeeded in completing them the first week!  I wrote down that I wanted to complete the Goofy Challenge next year, which would mean I would be not only running a half marathon, but in the same weekend completing the FULL marathon!  I might be biting off more than I can chew, especially since I haven't had the motivation to train for this upcoming race!  We'll see.  I might need to do the full marathon first, then see about the Goofy.  It's a goal....a very distant in completion goal.

The weekend has come and gone, it's gotten colder outside, and there went the opportunity to run.  When it comes down to it, I think I need to just stop over thinking, and JUST DO IT!

I've gotta keep my eye on the prize!  I know it's for my own good!  Wish me luck on the challenge of my lack of motivation....Let's hope the next time I'm blogging I will have something to say about actually hitting that pavement!


No comments:

Post a Comment